Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Motto: Try Everything at Least Once!

For all you animal right activists and vegans out there you may not want to read the rest of this post...

Today I butchered three geese and ten chickens. See, my in laws live on a farm and decided to get seventy chickens this year and four geese. They offered us some chicken for our freezer in this rough economy which was very thoughtful of them. Unfortunately I got roped in to helping with the dirty work in exchange for their generous donation to our family. Just another example of how there is NO such thing as a free meal!

Quite honestly I do consider myself pretty fearless. Of course I do get nervous and a little unsure of myself at times, but I will always try something at least once. A lot of the time I don't even think once is enough. Like Geese for example, I tried goose meat once as a child and absolutely hated it. A few years later I tried farm raised geese and found that there was no comparison what so ever. Sometimes I find that if I try doing something and have a shitty attitude to begin with I don't end up getting as much out of it as I do the next time I try it.

Being barbaric for the first half of my day didn't turn out to be all bad.. I mean I did score quite a few points with the in laws and I was especially fond of "offing" the geese as they were INCREDIBLY cocky and tried pecking us to death if we were anywhere near them.

So all in all I suppose I left the experience with a little more pride and held my head a little higher today knowing I had conquered something that I not only thought I would NEVER do, but that not many people can say they've done.

~mrs.boss

No comments:

Post a Comment